Friday, February 13, 2009

New York Fashion Week: F/W 2009 - Starting...NOW!

AHAA! Sooo, been waiting for this time for a long time (what a funny snetence)! ITS FASHION WEEK AND IT STARTS NOW! [well, actually it started earlier today...] This is my first ever OFFICIAL fashion week I've covered on The Zoot, so I'm really excited. Oh, and that previous post where I spoke about Nathan Jenden, yeah, just forget about that yes? YES! Be prepared for (hopefully) a bea-U-tiful seven days of fashion week coverage! AGAGA!

Anyways, today we had shows from a whole bunch! It oofficialy starts with The Heart Truth's Red Dress Collection, and ends the day tonight with a Venexiana show. But I can only cover so much! I mean it is a long weekend, but I do have homework to be done! So let's start, shall we?


First up, as previously mentioned, The Heart Truth's Red Dress Collection! The includes the likes of Amanda Bynes, Hilary Duff, and Tory Spelling - just to name a few. The show had dresses that were of course red, and sort of 'annhhh.." to me. Nothing really caught my eye, and I just found the whole thing boring. Even seeing celeb faces didn't help the show from going downhill. I don't know, maybe the dresses were just to not my liking, and maybe you actually had to be there to see the dresses for what they really are. But at least the funds go to a good cause!
But as always, there were some stand out dresses, like Katie Couric's dress by Carmen Marc Valvo, Tori Spelling's Betsey Johnson dress, and Valerie Bertinelli's Christian Siriano dress.


No comments: